BroadSQL 4.1 - Release Notes
What's new with BroadSQL 4.1?
- Oracle db drivers (jar files) are either longer part of the core package nor shipped in the /drivers folder. Oracle is now being considered as a regular JDBC database. Before 4.1, specific code was written.
- Reviewed implementation of uncommitted detection : DDL queries are not eligible to rollback except for some databases (SQLite)
- Check uncommitted for Oracle databases is based on "select dbms_transaction.step_id from dual;"
- No more API for converting SQL rows to documents (NoSQL). Future API will be based on JSON instead.
- Config (Swing)
- Several bugs correction for the commands "Test connection", "Duplicate connection" and "Delete connection"
- List of database connections refreshed after a change in the config screen. No need to restart BroadSQL.
- New shortcuts for commands having long names. For example: SH CO is a shortcut for SHOW CONNECTION. See help for more details.
- New commands:
- RELOAD VAULT for reloading the CDF without restarting BroadSQL (this command is not visible in the HELP screen)
- PING / TEST for testing a connection
- HELP command revisited
- SET PASSWORD: is now limited to the following types: Oracle, MySQL, H2, HSQLDB and PostgreSQL. This command changes the password in the CDF but also, and most notably, in the database referenced by the connection.
- SET MASTER PASSWORD: several bugs corrected. This command is for changing the password of the BroadSQL client. It also changes the password of the AES encrypted H2 database.
- EXPORT: correction of a bug when specifying a target directory different than the default. When you type EXPORT MYFILE; the command will create export results in the file MYFILE.XLXS of the default folder. You can specify a different folder by specifying its path: EXPORT /usr/myfile
- Extended commands: several bugs correction. Extended commands are those additional commands that one can create and add to a BroadSQL instance. By default, BroadSQL ships with two extended command: edit file in notepad and edit file in notepad++
- New README.TXT file
- New BroadSQL.ps1 file for execution within PowerShell
- Modified BroadSQL.bat and connect.bat
- New XML settings file 'logback-broadsql.xml' for application log (based on logback format)
Upgrading from previous releases
1. Replace BroadSQL.bat, connect.bat, connect.ps1 with most recent versions
2. Replace BroadSQL.jar and all files in lib with most recent version
3. In the CDF file, enter the following commands and commit :
UPDATE TYPE SET DRIVER='oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver' WHERE ID='Oracle';
ALTER TABLE CONNECTIONS DROP COLUMN DRIVER;